Dairy Input Costs
About this special report
Big payouts, big costs, big decisions. That’s the life of a dairy farmer right now. Farm advisers say costs have risen by about a third, wiping off the $3/kg MS debt that’s been repaid over the past few years. Farmer Weekly takes a look at what industry experts are saying about the rising input costs, and what dairy farmers should consider doing to alleviate the pressure.
The key to managing the squeezed margin between the milk price and cost of production is to be realistic with proposed cuts.
Oxford farmer opts for renewable source, but warns farms to look before they leap into solar.
Four years of thrift under siege as prices soar by up to a third.
More Special Reports
- Cyclone Gabrielle: After the Flood
- Cyclone Gabrielle: Road to Recovery
- Dairy Input Costs
- Dairy South
- Dairy's Decade Ahead
- DIY Soil Health
- Farms, Forests and the Future
- Food Security
- Jaded Leadership: Time to Regroup
- Rural Leadership
- Spotlight on Labour
- State of Rural Healthcare
- Succession: How to step back successfully
- Unpacking NZ's Ag Policy Drive