Dairy's Decade Ahead
About this special report
The International Dairy Federation's 2023 World Dairy Summit took place in October. Samantha Tennent shares highlights from the Chicago-based event.
Market trends and global geopolitical uncertainties highlighted as the world prepares for seismic shifts in agriculture.
Taking proactive measures to combat heat stress is a crucial part of making sure dairy farming remains sustainable in the face of climate change, summit is told.
US Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack says it was the dairy industry in the US that first encouraged a voluntary and market-based system that would reward farmers for addressing the climate.
More Special Reports
- Cyclone Gabrielle: After the Flood
- Cyclone Gabrielle: Rebuilding Land and Lives
- Cyclone Gabrielle: Road to Recovery
- Dairy Input Costs
- Dairy South
- Dairy's Decade Ahead
- DIY Soil Health
- Farms, Forests and the Future
- Food Security
- Jaded Leadership: Time to Regroup
- Rural Leadership
- Spotlight on Labour
- State of Rural Healthcare
- Succession: How to step back successfully
- Unpacking NZ's Ag Policy Drive